I love helping buyers find their dream home, whether it’s your first or 10th. When I work with each client individually, we take time, so I understand your unique lifestyles, needs and wishes. This is about so more than a certain number of bedrooms or a particular zip code. It is about making sure that this major transition in your life has THE BEST outcome for you. What makes it important to you is what is most important to me.
When you work with me as Your Transition Partner, you get:
- A knowledgeable and professional REALTOR®
- A committed ally and advocate to negotiate on your behalf
- The backing of the team from @home real estate, focused on excellence in client care
I have the systems in place to streamline the home-buying process for you. As part of my personalized service, I commit to helping you with your home search by:
- Referring you to the best lenders in the area to get pre-approved for your mortgage. This is THE most important first step in the process
- Previewing homes in advance on your behalf
- Recommending Open Houses to tour to get a feel of the market – and maybe to find your dream house
- Scheduling and touring homes and neighborhoods with you at your convenience
- Debriefing with you after tours and open houses to help refine “the search” with you
- Calling agents that list the most homes in your preferred neighborhood to ask about properties before they hit the market
- Keeping you informed of new homes as they come on the market
- Sharing your housing needs (without using your name!) in my Realtor-only Facebook groups
- Setting up a custom search to help you preview homes on the web
- Advising you bout market conditions with an analysis of other homes at your price-point and location that have sold and for how much
- Working with you until we find the home of your dreams
- Once we find that home, negotiating on your behalf
Getting a house under contract is the first step on the path to the settlement table, usually 4 to 6 weeks after the contract has been ratified. I work with my buyer clients every step of that path:
- Most contracts include a home inspection, appraisal, property survey and wood destroying insect inspections to ensure that the buyer has as much information about the property as possible before the purchase
- Following the inspections, there may be negotiated changes to the contract to support repairs and replacements to resolve any problems discovered
- The title company prepares the documents necessary to transfer the deed from the old owner to the buyer.
- If there is a mortgage application, a final approval of the loan is required before the transaction is cleared to close.
After you move in, I remain connected to provide the best vendors and community resources to keep your happy home happy!